INSULAX® is the designation of Alucoat for the lacquered foil intended to be used for the production of insulation structures for building (roofs, chimneys,…) and insulation panels for ventilation ducts. Its main advantages are:
- It is a very good barrier to moisture, gas and light.
- Laquers have been specially designed by our technical department and provide an excellent resistance to weathering and UV light.
- It can be laminated to other materials (foams, plastics,.) in order to form very high performance insulation and barrier products.
- Easy to shape, which do it the best election to special applications.
- INSULAX® include the following range of products:
- INSULAX® BT: is our product to be laminated with bitumen for water proofing in roofs.
- INSULAX® RF: our product to be used in the production of insulation for roof ridges and edges after combination with plastics and with a special mastic glue. It can be supplied in a large choice of colours.
- INSULAX® IP: our lacquered aluminium to be used in the production of insulation plates combined with PUR or PIR foam, providing good thermal and acoustic insulation.
- INSULAX® PET: our product to be used in the production of insulation for roof ridges and edges that is composed for a laminated aluminium-PET that provides a very good flexibility and that for a similar properties has a lower thickness of aluminium than INSULAX® RF.
Also for all range of products an alternative with a pre-treatment coating is available that increases the corrosion resistance of the standard products.
Moreover, we can supply this range of product with our new EXTREME series of coating for outdoors applications that offer an unique combination of the excellent polyester coating mechanical properties with superior weather ability tested as QUV exposure ( > 3000 h. ASTM G87))
Our EXTREME series can be formulated in virtually any colour and gloss requirements (including custom-made formulations) and it is marketed in different products with different stability against UV and performance in several tests (salty fog, acetic fog, etc.)
With our EXTREME product line, we offer a broad range of high-value, high-performance coatings virtually covering any outdoors application.