ALUCOAT-ALPP is the designation of Alucoat for the lacquered foil intended to be used for the production of semi-rigid containers for food packaging specially designated for retortable applications (up to 135ºC). It is a laminated with polypropylene film which main advantages are:
- High barrier protection against light, gases, and contamination.
- Very good heat conductivity, that help to minimise cooking, chilling and reheating times.
- Very high sealing integrity with optimal peelability.
- Decorative potential, can be printed.
- Superb deep-drawing properties
- Good mechanical protection.
- Light weight that allows economizing on storage and transport space.
- Safe for use in contact with foodstuffs (according to European Directives, and FDA).
- Food can be sterilized without loss any properties.
- Aluminium containers can be recycled.